Existing weight loss techniques are based on a wide variety of nutritional principles. Some nutritionists advise excluding carbohydrates from the diet, others, fats, while others recommend eating only vegetables and fruits.
How to start losing weight
But losing weight shouldn't be bad for your health; in any case, the menu must have a balanced composition and contain sufficient nutrients. And you don't need to starve to achieve the desired result. We will learn to eat well to lose weight at home and maintain normal weight.
Before we talk about how to eat well to lose weight and about foods that should not be on the daily menu of a person who has declared war on being overweight, let's understand the mechanism of weight loss.
The accumulated stores of fat stores will begin to burn if you create a calorie deficit from the food you eat. Then your own fat cells will be spent on the body's energy needs.
But it should be noted that they will start to burn only after the body uses carbohydrates from foods eaten the day before and glycogen from muscles and liver.
The right way to lose fat
The only way to get rid of fat stores is to change your diet so that the carbohydrate and fat content in your diet is minimal and your total calorie content is less than the body's energy needs.
But in the search for an ideal figure, in no case should these substances be completely excluded from the menu. This will inevitably lead to increased fatigue, depression, and metabolic disorders in the body. In the long term, it will also affect digestion, the condition of teeth, hair, the endocrine system, and reproductive function.
A GOOD DIET AND DIETARY RECOMMENDATIONS WILL HELP YOU GET OFF THE EXTRA KILOGRAMS WITHOUT HARMFUL HEALTH.
Nutritional guidelines for weight loss
Eating disorders, overeating and an unbalanced daily menu are the main causes of obesity. By eliminating them, you can lose weight in no time, even without exercising.
Nutritionists recommend following these principles to lose weight.
- The regularity of nutrition is the fundamental principle of nutrition to lose weight. To lose weight you need to eat. Fasting or heavy diets undermine health, cause degradation and a rapid return of lost kilos.
- Reduce the caloric content of the daily diet to 1200 kcal with a sedentary lifestyle and up to 1300-1500 kcal when losing weight in combination with physical activity.
The total energy value of the daily diet should be reduced gradually, between 5 and 10% per day.
It is not recommended to reduce it to less than 1200 kcal; This is fraught with metabolic disturbances and exhaustion.
- Balance and rationality of the dishes consumed. Reducing the calorie content of the diet should not affect its quality. The body needs a constant supply of nutrients, as well as essential vitamins and minerals. The proportion of protein products during weight loss should represent 40-45%, the fat content in the diet should not exceed 22-25%, carbohydrates - 35-40%.
- Compliance with a fractional diet. During the day, there should be 3 main meals and 2-3 snacks (fruits, nuts, cottage cheese, kefir). It is necessary to eat every 3-4 hours, avoiding the appearance of a strong feeling of hunger. This regimen speeds up metabolism, helps improve digestion, prevents overeating.
- A must-have breakfast of complex carbohydrates and protein. After you've filled up in the morning, you won't want to overeat during the day.
- Dine no later than 4 hours before bedtime, preferably with vegetables and protein products (chicken breast fillet, fish, cottage cheese, kefir). Carbohydrates and fats, which are taken late at night, do not have time to fully oxidize, depositing themselves in subcutaneous fat.
- The volume of a meal should be 200-250 g, that's as much as a standard glass or a handful can hold.
- Compliance with the drinking regime. During the day, you should drink about 2 liters of clean water. The first two glasses should be drunk in the morning on an empty stomach 20 minutes before breakfast, then one glass should be drunk before each meal and before going to bed. It is recommended to drink water if you are hungry, but it is not yet time for your next meal.
- Avoid fried foods. The best cooking methods are boiling, baking in foil, and braising.
These are the basic principles of good nutrition to lose weight. We will learn more about which foods should be avoided and which ones, on the contrary, should become frequent guests at the table.
What foods should be eliminated from the diet
To lose weight, you don't need to rush to extremes and stop eating all fatty, calorie-dense foods and sweets (after all, this is what most people who want to lose weight usually do). Many of them are allowed and are even useful for weight loss.
For example, the calorie content of olive oil is 898 kcal / 100 g. But if consumed in small amounts, not only will it not cause extra inches on the waist, but it will also help eliminate them.
Nuts and cheese are also high in calories, they contain a lot of fat, but in limited quantities they will not harm the figure. In addition, they are good for the body: cheese is rich in protein and calcium, nuts are a source of minerals, vitamins and valuable unsaturated fatty acids.
A total of 10 food categories are included in the prohibited list for weight loss.
- Sausages and industrial sausages. There is not much natural meat in these semi-finished products, but the norm is exceeded for fats (in raw smoked sausages their share can be up to 50%) and salt, not to mention a large number of various chemical additives.
- Refined sugar. It dramatically increases blood glucose levels, stimulates the appetite and, when consumed in excess, turns into fat, which becomes the cause of excess weight.
- Confectionery: gingerbread, cookies, cakes, cakes. It contains a lot of refined sugar and fat. Its consumption does not provide any nutritional value to the body, it only provides empty calories and increases appetite.
- Milk chocolate, chocolate bars. High in calories (up to 570 kcal / 100 g), since the composition contains fats (30-35 g / 100 g) and simple carbohydrates (50-60 g).
- Products made with premium flours: pastries, white bread, pasta. They have a high glycemic index, contain up to 80 g / 100 g of simple carbohydrates (monosaccharides), which are absorbed instantly, causing the accumulation of glycogen in the muscles, with low activity - fat in the subcutaneous fat.
- Chips, fries. They have a high caloric content (500-600 kcal / 100 g), 1/3 are fat, the remaining 2/3 are simple carbohydrates and flavor enhancers.
- Sweet carbonated drinks and packaged juices. They contain a large amount of sugar - 5-6 tsp. per glass.
- Mayonnaises and industrial sauces. They are exceeded in fat (including trans fats), sugar, flavor enhancers, and preservatives.
- Breakfast cereals: sweet instant cereals, corn flakes, muesli. The cereals they contain are processed and practically lacking in nutrients generally found in whole grains. Additionally, breakfast cereals contain large amounts of sugar and salt (sometimes flavors and colors), which should be minimized in the diet to lose weight.
- Butter. It contains animal fats (from 72. 5 to 82. 5%) and has a high caloric content, around 700 kcal / 100 g. During the weight loss period, it is best to replace it with unrefined vegetable oil.
THE HARDEST THING IS TO REJECT SWEETS WHEN YOU LOSE WEIGHT. THE ORGANISM TAKES SUGAR AS A DRUG AND REQUIRES A CONSTANT USE. RESTRICTION COULD CAUSE IRRITATION AND DEPRESSION.
In this case, instead of refined sugar, you can use honey as a sweetener and occasionally indulge in a piece of dark chocolate.
Nutritionists recommend eating more foods that contain protein to combat sugar cravings. They keep blood sugar levels under control and are rich in tryptophan, a substance from which serotonin, the hormone of joy and pleasure, is synthesized.
What foods should be limited in consumption
The products in the following list are allowed for weight loss, but in limited quantities:
- white rice;
- Starchy boiled vegetables: potatoes, squash, corn, carrots, bananas, grapes, mangoes.
They have a high glycemic index, so they increase your appetite, contributing to overeating. So if you want to shed extra pounds, you need to limit them.
Instead of white rice, it is recommended to use brown rice for cooking, eat raw carrots and sweet fruits no more than 100 g 2 times a week.
What is recommended to eat while losing weight
What should the diet consist of to lose weight? You should pay attention to the following products.
- Non-starchy vegetables and herbs: zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, cabbage. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, organic acids, which help establish the metabolism in the body and contribute to the fat burning process. They contain practically no calories and the body needs to expend a lot of energy on their digestion.
- Foods rich in protein: dietary meats, liver, cottage cheese, eggs, soybeans, nuts, legumes. Protein foods give a feeling of satiety for a long time, help normalize metabolism. Protein is a building block of muscles; excess protein does not turn into fat like carbohydrates.
- Whole grains: oatmeal, bulgur, brown rice, buckwheat. They contain complex carbohydrates, which are broken down slowly, without raising blood sugar levels, saturating the body with energy for a long time.
- Products that contain unsaturated fatty acids: vegetable oils, avocados, sea fish, nuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds. Its use promotes the breakdown of fat cells and prevents the appearance of new ones, that is. because omega acids increase insulin resistance.
- Fruits and berries. They contain a minimum of calories, there is no fat in the composition, but there is fiber, which helps to establish digestion, cleanses the intestines of toxins. Red and purple fruits and berries contain the natural fat-burning anthocyanin.
These foods should form the basis of your daily weight loss diet. By combining them competently, you can prepare a large number of delicious and balanced meals, the use of which will help you shed extra pounds without harming your health.
One Week Weight Loss Sample Menu
Below is a sample menu for one week for women who have set a goal to lose weight (men should increase the volume of each serving to 300g). The daily caloric intake for each day of the week is 1200 kcal, and the balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates corresponds to a ratio of 40: 20: 40.
- whole wheat bread with a slice of low-fat cheese;
- vegetable puree soup;
- Minced lean meat cutlet.
- cottage cheese or kefir;
- a handful of nuts or seeds.
- Baked chicken fillet with fresh vegetable salad.
- buckwheat porridge;
- boiled beans;
- Steamed chicken breast with basil
- Curd casserole with raisins.
- Baked fish fillets with cauliflower or broccoli.
- soft-boiled egg;
- green apple;
- whole wheat bread with cottage cheese.
- cottage cheese with natural yogurt.
- boiled brown rice with zucchini and onion;
- chicken breast cutlet.
- fresh vegetable salad;
- Baked lean pork or beef tenderloin.
- oatmeal in water with red berries;
- a slice of low-fat cheese.
- Natural yogurt with red berries.
- pasta with vegetables;
- beef stew;
- Greek salad;
- baked trout;
- 2 hard-boiled eggs;
- rye bread with a slice of low-fat cheese;
- beef stew with carrots, onions and potatoes;
- a slice of bran bread.
- a handful of nuts or seeds.
- Chicken fillet baked in sour cream;
- White cabbage salad with carrots.
- millet porridge;
- half a grapefruit.
- Natural yogurt with red berries.
- vegetable soup with a slice of whole wheat bread;
- buckwheat chicken meatballs.
- Boiled beans with baked pork tenderloin.
- omelette with herbs;
- bran bread with a slice of low-fat cheese
- pasta with aubergines and tomatoes;
- Minced lean meat cutlet;
- cottage cheese with natural yogurt and red berries.
- Baked chicken fillet;
For breakfast, it is recommended to drink a glass of black or green tea, for lunch and dinner: a little compote of nuts sweetened with honey, fruit drink or gelatin with pectin. Salads should be seasoned with a tablespoon of olive or flaxseed oil. Do not forget that the portion should not exceed 250-300 g.
This diet for a week will allow you to lose weight without strict restrictions on food. It is varied, balanced in nutrient composition, making it easy to deal with hunger due to the high protein and fiber content.
Reducing the calorie content of your diet and avoiding junk food is an important step in the fight against extra pounds. To make the process of losing weight faster and more successful, nutritionists provide a few more tips.
Periodically cleanse the body to lose weight
Having freed themselves of accumulated toxins and toxins in the intestines, liver and kidneys, it will be easier for the body to digest food, the metabolism will accelerate, which means that the fat burning process will be faster.
To cleanse the internal organs, use:
- vegetable juices;
- vegetable oil;
- white cabbage.
For more information on cleaning techniques, consult relevant literature.
Increase the fiber content in the diet (up to 25 g per day)
Coarse dietary fiber normalizes digestion, improves metabolism and relieves hunger for a long time. To increase the fiber content, you can use bran: add it to cereals, cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt.
Make sure you get enough sleep for 7-8 hours
Sleep normalizes the production of hormones that affect weight (samotropin, ghrelin, leptin).
PEOPLE WITH LACK OF SLEEP ARE WINNERS AND PREFER MEALS WITH HIGH SUGAR CONTENT. THAT IS WHY LACK OF LOSS IS DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH EXTRA WEIGHT.
Experts say that rare eating disorders during weight loss are quite acceptable. If you constantly give up your favorite foods, a crisis is inevitable in the end. You can afford to take a break once a week and eat a small piece of cake, candy, or other treat. The main thing is not to get carried away and stay in control on other days.